Are you planning to buy a new mattress? But confused by the overwhelming number of brands and models available in our Indian market? Here in this article we will help you to choose a best bed for you and your companions.
We all deserve good health. For good health, peaceful sleep is a must. For peaceful sleep you definitely need a good mattress based on your preferences. We will help you to make a decision on how to select a good bed in this mattress buying guide article.
Mattress Buying Guide
Choosing a mattress/bed is a personal decision and can depend on a variety of factors including personal preferences, sleeping position, and any medical conditions. Here are a few things to consider when selecting a bed:
Firmness: Mattresses come in a range of firmness levels, from very soft to very firm. Your preference for firmness may depend on your sleeping position. Side sleepers may prefer a softer bed to alleviate pressure on the shoulders and hips, while stomach and back sleepers may prefer a firmer bed for support.
Support: A good bed should provide support for your spine, regardless of your sleeping position. It should align your spine and keep it in a neutral position.
Material: Mattresses are made of a variety of materials including innerspring, memory foam, latex, and more. Each material has its own unique properties and some may be more suitable for certain people. For example, memory foam is good for people with back pain, while innerspring is more traditional and affordable.
Try it out: Before making a final decision, it’s important to try out the mattress in the store or order it with a trial period. A bed that feels comfortable in the store may not feel the same at home.
Tip: Many brands in the Indian market like Wakefit, Sleepx etc provide 100 night trial.
Size: Make sure the mattress you choose is the right size for your bed frame.
Your budget: Mattresses can vary widely in price, so it’s important to set a budget and stick to it.
It’s also a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional if you have any underlying medical conditions that may affect your decision.
And most importantly, try to look for reviews, ratings, and feedback of the bed before purchasing it. We do have our curated list of best mattresses coming up shortly.
Mattress Buying Guide: Quality- What is a good quality mattress? What all to look for and why?
- Durability: A good quality bed should be durable and able to maintain its shape and support for at least 8-10 years.
- Comfort: A quality bed should provide a comfortable sleeping surface. It should be able to conform to your body shape and distribute your weight evenly.
- Support: A quality bed should provide the right amount of support for your spine, regardless of your sleeping position. It should keep your spine in a neutral position and prevent any aches or pains.
- Material: High-quality mattresses are typically made of durable and comfortable materials such as memory foam, latex, coir and spring coils. Avoid mattresses made of low-quality materials that may not provide the right level of support or comfort.
- Certifications: Look for certifications such as ISI (Indian Standard Institution) which indicate that the bed has been tested for safety and durability standards.
- Warranty: A good quality bed should come with a warranty, usually 5-10 years.
- Brand Reputation: Look for a bed from a reputable brand that has been in business for a while, and check reviews and ratings from customers and experts.
- Price: A high-quality bed will often come with a higher price tag, but it’s important to remember that you get what you pay for. Investing in a quality mattress can save you money in the long run by reducing the need to replace it frequently.
- Size availability: It’s important to check if the bed you’re considering is available in the size you need. Indian sizes might differ from international sizes.
It’s important to consider your own needs and preferences when selecting a bed, and to try it out for yourself before making a final decision. It’s also a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional if you have any underlying medical conditions that may affect your decision.
What mattress is good for back pain?
Because of our lifestyle many of us have back pain. We often wonder what bed is good for back pain. A bed that is good for people with back pain is one that provides proper support and alignment for the spine. Different types of mattresses have different properties that may be beneficial for people with back pain.
- Memory foam: Memory foam conforms to the shape of the body and can help to reduce pressure points, which can be beneficial for people with back pain. Memory foam can also provide good support for the spine.
- Latex: Latex mattresses are known for their durability and support. They also provide a natural bounce that can help to reduce pressure on the joints and spine.
- Innerspring: Innerspring mattresses have a steel coil support system that can provide good support for the spine. Look for one with a higher coil count to provide more support.
- Hybrid: Hybrid mattresses combine the properties of memory foam, latex or gel with innerspring coils. They have the benefits of both worlds, providing pressure relief and support.
- Adjustable air: Adjustable air mattresses allow the user to adjust the firmness of the bed. This can be helpful for people with back pain as they can adjust the firmness to their comfort level.
It’s also important to pay attention to the thickness and firmness of the bed. A medium-firm bed is often recommended for people with back pain as it provides a balance of support and pressure relief. A bed that is too soft can allow the spine to sag, while a bed that is too firm can cause pressure points.
Tip: It’s important to note that the best mattress for back pain is the one that feels comfortable and supportive to you, so it’s essential to test different models before making a decision. It is also important to consult with a healthcare professional before making a final decision.
Best mattress/bed brands in India?
There are many brands available in India, but some of the best known for their quality and reputation include:
- Sleepwell: Sleepwell is one of the most popular and well-established brand in India. They offer a wide range of mattresses including memory foam, coir, and spring mattresses.
- Wakefit: Wakefit is a popular brand in India that is known for its affordable prices and comfortable mattresses. They offer a wide range of mattresses including memory foam, coir, and spring mattresses.
Many customers have reported that the Wakefit mattresses are comfortable and provide good support for the spine. The memory foam mattresses in particular are known for their pressure-relieving properties and ability to conform to the shape of the body.
- Kurl-On: Kurl-On is another well-known brand in India that offers a wide range of mattresses including foam, spring, and coir mattresses. They are also known for their affordable prices.
- Springwel: Springwel is a premium brand that is known for its high-quality materials and construction. They offer a wide range of mattresses including pocket spring, foam, and coir mattresses.
- King Koil: King Koil is a global brand that has a strong presence in India. They offer a wide range of mattresses including memory foam, spring, and latex mattresses.
- Duroflex: Duroflex is a premium brand that offers a wide range of products including memory foam, spring, and coir mattresses. They are known for their high-quality materials and advanced technology.
- Dunlopillo: Dunlopillo is a global brand that offers latex mattresses in India. They are known for their pressure-relieving properties and natural comfort.
- SleepX: SleepX is a brand that is known for its affordable and comfortable mattresses. They offer a wide range of products including foam, spring and coir mattresses.
- Other known brands are Sleepyhead, Sleepy cat, Nilkamal, Livpure etc.
We will be shortly coming up with our list of handpicked based mattresses soon. Until then bye.